This week was HOT! But don’t let that New York heat get the best of you. This week’s #Breadcrumbs will freshen you up just in time for the weekend. We’ve got a museum in Sweden dedicated to epic fails, HTML blue makeup looks from BK brand Chromat, and a 3D knitter that’s bringing custom designing into the home. Check out what you should know in all things culture below!
If you want to submit something cool and interesting, or your own piece to be featured in #Breadcrumbs email email@example.com.
1. Brands are relying heavily on high-end photography for the e-comm battle against Amazon.
3. A 3D knitter that allows you to be the designer and manufacturer behind your wardrobe — app included!
4. A new museum in Oakland, CA depicts living in a post-capitalistic world.
7. Uber drops the ball again by making sexist jokes DURING a conference about sexism within the company. Major flop.
8. The Pride flag gets an inclusive update, representing queer people of color by adding a black and a brown stripe to the rainbow.
9. The Museum of Failures in Sweden is shining a light on some of the world’s most epic fails, and, yes, colored ketchup is one of them.
Our Slack channel #breadcrumbs is essentially short form for our internal knowledge sharing initiative: BIRDWATCH. Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links. Now, we’re opening up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you.