Our Slack channel #breadcrumbs is essentially short form for our internal knowledge sharing initiative: BIRDWATCH.
Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links. Now, we’re opening up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you.
Here’s what caught our attention this week: Black Ice Cream, The Creative Review, Berghain, and more!
1. The Creative Review introduces a redesign with a new typography section, leaving designers drooling.
2. Have you got the moves to get into Berlin’s most selective club, Berghain? Try it out with this the Berghain Trainer. (side note: I didn’t pass the simulation, but I got in IRL).
3. It’s all in the flick of the wrist for Barcelona based UX firm Exipple who is working on gestures for tech interactions.
4. “Over the rainbow” food craze? We’ve found the perfect treat for you — black coconut ash ice cream from NYC parlor, Morgenstern’s.
5. Smartphones can’t get too much smarter, at least for now — Apple to extend iPhone refresh to once every three years.
6. Vanity Fair takes on business coverage with their new publication, the Hive.
7. Emoji is releasing a new round of emojis this month. Baguette, prawns, and selfie arm are just a few that made the cut.
8. Peeping Tom as a pro photog. The work of New York based photographer, Gail Albert Halaban, and her series on her neighbors and their apartments entitled “Out My Window,” has us closing our blinds.
9. British Vogue hits their one century mark. The publication has been around for 100 years and celebrates with an exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery in London.
10. Starwars.jpg — the entire Star Wars saga told in one jpeg.