Our Slack channel #breadcrumbs is essentially short form for our internal knowledge sharing initiative: BIRDWATCH. Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links. Now, we’re opening up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you.
Here’s what caught our attention this week: Cartier Love Bracelets, Photocopying Money, Pantone’s ‘Ugliest” Color, and more!
1. #OVO Charles site got a facelift from the best dev docs in town.
2. Cartier’s iconic Love Bracelet went from ’70’s status symbol to a Millennial Must-Have thanks to young hollywood.
3. It’s impossible to photocopy money — why? Robbery and Fraud.
4. Microsoft to obtain social network LinkedIn for a whopping $26.2 Billion bucks. Connection. Made.
5. We are drooling over Japanese product design firm H220430 and their concept-driven designs.
6. How this Pantone color got voted the ‘ugliest color is the world’ and is being used to help people quit smoking.
7. Pop-up STOP! Consultancy, Lion’esque Group, very well may be responsible for the pop-up shop trend.
8. Now that they’ve got us hooked, it’s time to make some ad money. Snapchat to introduce advertising in ways we couldn’t have imaged a year ago.
9. Bloombergs’ Global Tech Issue sends us back to the year 1989.
10. Explore the unpublished work of Corinne Day, the iconic fashion photographer who discovered legendary Kate Moss.