This week, The Charles implemented their first-ever Work From Home policy for all team members: Creatives, Strategists, Developers and Project Managers, spread across the country from NYC to Chicago, and Florida. As we wrap up one full week of The Charles WFH life, we team-sourced some tips that’ll hopefully stave off cabin fever, cultivate inspiration and ease the burden of working in your PJ’s. #TheCharlesWFH2020
- Get dressed! This puts you in a professional mindset for your workday. Plus, you never know when you will be called into a last-minute video meeting.
- Take home the right hardware and use a secured company server. When in doubt, ask your IT department.
- Have a comfortable setup that helps you maintain a good posture. Back pain is your mortal WFH enemy.
- Your bed may be your BFF but don’t forget that it can make you more sluggish and unproductive.
- Stay hydrated! Obvs. This is the perfect setting to drink fancy spa water. Slip in a few slices of cucumber or lemon (or both) and enjoy a bit of zen.
- Don’t overload on snacks just because you are close to the kitchen. All those carbs can make you extra sleepy when you really need to focus.
- Take “virtual coffee breaks” to socialize with colleagues and avoid social isolation.
- Use all of the right tools to stay organized and connected! Google Drive, Slack, Teamwork and Trello are a few of our faves.
- Get up and stretch! This is always a good rule of thumb after a long day in front of your computer, whether you’re working from home or not.
Aaand lastly, don’t forget to share your pro-tips for crushing the WFH life! We have a feeling we might be here for a while, but with the right rituals we’ll make it just fine.