What a heavy week! From the Comey hearing and all things covfefe to the UK election and North Korea. This week’s #Breadcrumbs aims to bring a little light relief and vibrancy in the form of Youtube’s new font, trendsetting with the NY Times and SZA’s new album. Check out what you should know in all things culture below!
If you want to submit something cool or interesting or your own piece to be featured in #Breadcrumbs email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Artist known for using felt as her primary medium, Lucy Sparrow, opens a convenience store in Manhattan selling products made entirely out of felt.
2. Youtube releases a font inspired by their iconic “Play” button.
3. How Korea got so cool.
4. Fashionista questions the gender gap within the Fashion Industry.
5. This run-down gas station is drawing in a new crowd with its psychedelic paint job. Who called Xzibit?
6. Playboy tapped OG Playmates to re-shoot their most famous covers years later.
7. The New York Times examines what 8 trend setters wore to a cafe in the LES.
8. Musician and filmmaker Kevin Abstract was a teenage outsider — now he’s making art that’s crucial for all of us.
9. A slew of new releases today, including SZA, Katy Perry, and Lykke Li.
10. A large number of humpback whales have arrived on the coast of NYC for the first time in nearly 100 years!
Our Slack channel #breadcrumbs is essentially short form for our internal knowledge sharing initiative: BIRDWATCH. Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links. Now, we’re opening up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you.