For any fast-paced company, internal communication is key. When you add multiple projects and a growing team to that mix, it’s vital.
That’s why we’re big fans of Slack, a collaborative, internal messaging app. Just in case you’ve been on the moon for the last 2 years: Slack is the greatest tool for internal communication. Hailed by some as “The 2015 Company of the Year,” Slack is quickly becoming the replacement for email at a lot of companies.
At The Charles, we use Slack for sharing client news and project-related developments between our creative and dev departments, in addition to monitoring website uptimes, Github integration, and video chats.
Slack’s smooth interface also feeds our agency culture by enabling us to share so much more… Our channel #breadcrumbs is essentially our short form for BIRDWATCH, our internal knowledge-sharing initiative. Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links.
Every week, we’re going to open up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you by sharing the top links from the week.
From website design inspo and creative industry articles to news events, pop culture, and the latest twitter beefs, here’s what has caught our attention this week:
1. You won’t believe the new Malware affecting Apple products.
2. Tasty CSS-animated hamburgers.
4. Young luxury brands’ direct-to-consumer model beg the question of bypassing wholesale.
5. Clothing Collector David Casavant shares some of his most iconic early ’00’s pieces.
7. Dark Black? The darkest shade ever produced, owned by one person.
8. The 16-bit Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack has been remastered for vinyl. Bring on the nostalgia.
9. Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages Project answers the need for speedy content load times.
10. Disclosure‘s new Remix of Flume’s “Never Be Like You” feat. Kai is total ear candy.
BONUS: We love this interactive web art project dedicated to space exploration.
We’ll be back next week with more links.