A delicious Loewe collaboration, IKEA’s brand new pet companion, and the best looks from Bushwig 2017, we’ve got some great links in store for you this week…
In addition, we’ve now got #Breadcrumbs in email format!
• Somebody’s literally looking like a snack. Kelsey McClellan’s latest project Wardrobe Snacks pairs chic outfits and styling with food.
• Dream team J.W. Anderson and photographer Steven Meisel debut a set of sweet and savory fruit-focused ads for Loewe. ?
• Adidas scored major culture-cred this year. Here’s why all the cool kids are wearing the German brand’s kicks.
ART & CULTURE
• Bushwig 2017 had its biggest year thanks to the success of Rupaul’s Drag Race. Peep some of the best looks here. ?
• Witness amazing artwork from Spoke Art’s Hayao Miyazaki tribute show commencing this weekend in NYC.
• Instagram handle screensaviors has “those in the know” giggling and cringing at the same time.
• After 90+ years, Ad Age speaks on its rebranding effort and showcases a new logo.
• Ikea has bought Task Rabbit, hopefully making it easier to hire someone to figure out those insufferable assembly instructions. ?
• Small Idaho town Twin Falls is still in recovery after a threatening fake news media maelstrom.
• Black Lives Matter is a social movement and can not be sued, ruled a Louisiana judge in Thursday’s victory in a Louisiana court. #staywoke ?
• Elon Musk’s space dreams gives us a more tangible vision of how to reach Mars. ?
• Twitter’s testing out a 280 character limit for tweets. The internet has an opinion OFC.
• Japan’s central banks hasten to kill off cash by launching a unique cryptocurrency called J-Coin. ?
• We’ve gone BALD trying to rationalize why iOS11 choose such divisible typography. HBU? Update at your own aesthetic risk.