From Glossier’s Body Hero debut to Apple’s iPhone X and the best of #NYFW, we’ve got some great links in store for you this week….In addition, we’ve now got #Breadcrumbs in email format!
1. As the last half of the New York Fashion Week circus wraps up and rolls out of town to London, we’re floored at the dramatics that went on this time around.
2. Frank Vincent has passed, and we’re mourning the loss of the OG Italian mobster actor.
3. A Radiohead x Hans Zimmer collab is in the works, and we’re liiiiiiving.
4. Hood By Air’s Shayne Oliver resurrects Helmut Lang with the premiere of his vision of the brand during NYFW. THIS is how you cast a show.
5. Washington Post reporter Souad Mekhennet reveals her story of the unmasking of Jihadi John.
7. Insert obligatory iPhone 8 and X (not, 10) drool tech post here. JK we’re just meh on that news.
8. The New York Times delves further into the business question of the decade: “What do millennials want?” – and surprise, it’s a more ethical and sustainable existence.
9. Jeremy Scott’s 20th anniversary show kicked off with the return of cult model Devon Aoki, echoing the past, present, and the future of New York City style.
10. So lovely to see that Marilyn Manson, the personification of our middle school angst, also bumps to Bad Gal Riri.
11. At the intersection of art and commerce, Paste Magazine explains how Conde Nast put the squeeze on cartoonists for The New Yorker.
12. Tumblr inspo FASHGIF collaborates with Gucci to bring some creative kitsch style details to life.
13. Reconsidering the all-black wardrobe after peeping at designer Sies Marjan’s lookbook for next spring.
14. Studio favorite, Sampha wins the Mercury Prize for his heartbreakingly-beautiful debut album, Process. A well-15. deserved win for one of the industry’s most prestigious artists.
15. Bronx Photog Renell Medrano has conquered the music and fashion world with her images, and now she’s coming for instagram.
16. After being called out by the internet, Gucci teams up with uptown designer Dapper Dan for a Men’s tailoring campaign.
17. After calling out Supreme for stealing her style, it’s good to see Barbara Kruger capitalizing on the fame she’s acquired by taking over public skate parks in NYC.
18. After being seen in and around Brooklyn with a mystery man, Bjork releases a new, more positive love song to float us all off into the weekend.