Our Slack channel #breadcrumbs is essentially short form for our internal knowledge sharing initiative: BIRDWATCH. Our team’s love of sharing the latest and greatest has resulted in a collection of over 10,000 links. Now, we’re opening up the wealth of knowledge that is #breadcrumbs to you.
1. Designers begin to explore the sense of scent as a UI/UX tool.
2. What’s in store for the Social Media Correspondents of the world in the next five years? No-one (not even them) be sure.
3. A look at how Chicago’s iconic Cloud Gate was constructed —much more interesting than you would think.
4. A futuristic airport terminal built in the 1960s, abandoned for years, and soon to be reopened as a hotel.5
5. This raw collab between Lydia Neubauer and Elizabeth De La Piedra, ALPHABODIES, takes a stance against the censorship and hypersexualization of the naked female body.
7. This Chanel boomerang is the latest high-designed object to get major backlash for its steep price tag (and cultural appropriation, of course.)
9. It’s officially Iced Coffee season, and just like the rest of us, Justin Bieber is geeked with excitement.
10. A horrific must-read on the life of Lola, ‘gifted’ when she was eighteen.