Senior Digital Project Manager (5+ Years)
As the key point of contact for both the Client and the project team, the Digital Project Manager is one of the key players at The Charles HQ. Responsible for managing projects from discovery and design to technical development, production and deployment, the Digital Project Manager at the Charles sees the value in the details while understanding what’s necessary for the big picture.
The ideal candidate would possess analytical expertise, while being able to effortlessly multi-task and think quickly in a fast-paced environment. Excellent presentation and communication skills are essential for the position and it goes without saying that the Digital Project Manager should possess a natural ability to understand the clients needs, while motivating, supporting and understanding the team.
The Digital Project Manager should be comfortable working with the team across the board – from Accounts and Admin to Visual Designers, Content Strategists and lest we forget the Developers (full stack and front end). You will also work closely with The Charles’s business development team to identify and determine scope, timing and budget for potential projects.
It’s imperative that the Digital Project Manager has experience with the development of large-scale websites, a strong understanding of web development technologies, third party applications and platforms, and social media campaigns. With at least 3 years of hands on agency driven experience, the Digital Project Manager should be an enthusiastic problem solver and must be comfortable being engaged throughout all levels of a project.
Location: Onsite at The Charles HQ, Tribeca, NYC
Status: Full-time, 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
Role & responsibilities
- Manage internal project costs, budgets and client expectations
- Owns and manage project production process (Advanced creative through development process.)
- Develop projects and plans, direct, manage and monitor project execution. Control changes in scope and end of project closing requirements.
- Assist in writing SOWs, assesses and manages requirements and content development.
- Manage project steps, tasks, requirements against SOW. (Scope management)
- Manage resources, timelines and milestones. (Time and cost management)
- Manage and monitor project lifecycle. (Time and cost management)
- Manages risk assessment and risk management. (Including time, costs and resources)
- Manages project quality.
- Manages project communications
- Assist project manager in managing project procurement.
- Anticipate and make recommendations for client needs.
- Updating status reports for clients.
- Receive creative changes from clients, relaying those changes to creative staff and supervising the account’s finances.
- Understanding the client’s needs and the internal resources available to you throughout the production cycle by clearly and proactively managing communications between our staff and clients.
- Maintain relationships with executives of client businesses across all disciplines and assist in developing strategies for clients and internal processes.
- Coordinate projects by communicating effectively with client & production team to follow all steps to ensure project stays on track.
- Maintain organize and update agendas, files and various lists.
- Work with creative team to bring ideas into the mix, offer suggestions, research, ability to share & constantly learn new technology.
- Research is also part of the project managers role. Whether a client makes tractors or sells clothes, the manager must become an industry expert and provide the Management Team with research that supports new business, existing business and client development.
- Apply strategic thinking and knowledge of creative process to develop agency business and offerings
- Aid in drafting, editing and formatting letters and memos as needed
- Preparing estimates and proposals with senior project manager
- Work closely with the senior project management and senior management team on pitches and presentations [ideation, production].
- Work with Senior Management on new business opportunities and upselling existing clients on additional opportunities
- Responsible to expedite other duties as assigned by the management team members.
- Provide EXCELLENT customer service with a positive attitude to every client, on every occasion.