As an Account Manager you must be adept at understanding and managing client needs and expectations as well as providing strategic leadership for a multi-discipline / multi-client agency team.
The Account Manager is a solution-oriented manager who thrives on developing strong relationships between client and agency teams. As a key strategic point of contact for senior clients, the Account Manager plays a very critical, and visible role in the success of any engagement. An Account Manager at The Charles Group is more than just a manager per-se: you are expected to collaborate with other leads and truly contribute to developing industry-leading work, strategy, forecast, and push agendas forward by thinking two steps ahead for our clients. We expect people in this role to have a point of view on business strategy and Profit and Loss of projects, actively participate in reviews of strategy, UX, design, timelines, resourcing, and all other deliverables.
- You are responsible for supporting overall account management, growth, and leadership of cross-functional teams to develop approaches and targets that meet the business goals of our clients.
- Responsible for maintaining engagement strategy for a track or tracks within a client relationship through the understanding of all upcoming client initiatives over the next 12 months.
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships, introducing new opportunities accordingly while providing meaningful contribution to new business.
- Work in conjunction with Finance to effectively contribute to the profitability of account tracks by negotiating statements of work, ensuring work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms in a timely and accurate manner.
- Consistently identify needs client may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs by having an exceptional understanding of the digital arena and how new and emerging developments can be exploited to add value to a client’s business.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback efficiently and professionally.
- Participate in strategic development of new business through identification, pursuit and conversion of additional opportunities for The Charles
- Contribute to internal communications and PR by ensuring work is summarised and celebrated throughout The Charles
- Participate in project reviews and develop case studies for the work.
- 4-7 years Experience in interactive project or account management.
- Proven ability to manage long term, multi-million pound client engagements with multiple project tracks and teams.
- Ability to understand the client’s business, whatever market sector and be able to discuss knowledge with the client.
- Deep understanding and awareness of aligning consumer goals and business goals.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to conceive, prepare, author and give key presentations to clients and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams while anticipating, defusing and resolving any conflict effectively.
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and negotiation skills is imperative.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners, and customers to ensure the best outcome for both customer and The Charles
- Understanding of team utilization and project allocation, and their relationship to overall client profitability.